Entity Formation Document - registers your new business with the State
- Certificate of Formation; Articles of Incorporation
- Filed with the Secretary of State
- Establishes your business as a separate legal entity
Employer Identification Number - gives you a federal tax identification #
- Obtained from the IRS at www.irs.gov
- Required to open a bank account or if you have employees
Company Agreement (LLC) or Bylaws (Corporation)
- Your business's main governing document and critical to your company's governance.
- Sets the rules for your company that all of the owners and managers/directors have to follow.
- Often also required by banks to open a bank account.